|Job Title||Call Center Representative*|
|Location||Lakewood, NJ*||*Position is based out of Lakewood, NJ|
|Department||Communications- Call Center and Dispatch|
GEM Mobile Health is seeking Customer Care Representatives for our busy corporate call center!
The Customer Care Representative is responsible for scheduling, canceling and confirming appointments with our contracted facilities and hospitals as well as taking emergency calls via phone, Curaspan, fax or email. When facilities call in appointments, Customer Care Representative’s are responsible for checking each patient’s insurance and advising the facility if an authorization number or Certificate of Medical Necessity (CMN) form is needed before the transport. The Customer Care Representative must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with GEM personnel, suppliers and customers to gather and enter data accurately into the computer, such as face sheets, billing forms, collection letters and any other business forms utilized by the administrative office, and through verbal communications with incoming business-related telephone calls.
- Receive customer inquiries via phone, fax, mail, e-mail, etc. If necessary Answers emergency and non-emergency calls courteously; handles all incoming calls in an efficient, timely manner; directs incoming calls and takes messages
- Schedules appointments with accuracy and in a time efficient manner
- Schedules transport requests via Curaspan and outsources to the appropriate provider based on availability and insurance.
- Accurately document customer inquiries and actions taken in accordance with departmental quality guidelines to ensure appropriate follow up.
- Understands the concept of Logisticare and advises facilities that for Medicaid or Medicaid Pending patients they must contact Logisticare and that all scheduled appointments will be cancelled, specific to wheelchair, and all BLS regardless of insurance is to be scheduled in our system and further handled by billing.
- Calls all facilities with scheduled appointments to confirm transports for that day, including each patient’s name, floor and room number, mode of transport, transport destination and patient’s weight
- Calls all of the doctor’s offices/hospitals for the next day’s appointments to confirm each patient’s appointment time and location
- Ensures customer satisfaction by providing quality service, identifying customer needs and assisting them with issues/concerns related to transportation issues.
- Escalates problems that may occur to the appropriate level following the Chain of Command
- Utilizes available resources to quickly and efficiently resolve or redirect inquiries in accordance with departmental process.
- Responds to the needs of a 24/7/365 operation.
- Enters face sheets and follows up on previously requested Certification of Medical Necessity (CMN) forms
- Receives and distributes incoming faxes
- Creates folders for crew member transportation documentation
- Confirms all scheduled employees for the next day’s work schedule and assists Dispatch/Operations with filling in any open shifts
- Attends mandatory staff meetings and meets training requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by management.
- Abides by all Company policies and procedures
- Protects the privacy of all patient information in accordance with the Company’s privacy policies, procedures and practices, as required by federal and state laws, and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider
- Accesses protected health information (PHI) and other patient information only to the extent that is necessary to complete his/her job duties. Never shares any of this information with anyone except for those who need to know specific patient information to complete their job responsibilities related to treatment, payment, or other Company operations
- Reports any concerns regarding the Company’s policies and procedures on patient privacy and any observed practices in violation of that policy to their Supervisor and/or Human Resource Manager
- Performs with a customer service approach, continues to improve call quality and meet the call quality standards set forth by management
- Maintains a team oriented approach, being able to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with peers for the completion of daily tasks
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- Prior customer service experience
- Prior experience in a call center environment
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with peers, managers, clients, vendors and patients
- Must be able to handle a multi-line phone operation
- Must demonstrate a professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills
- Must proactively communicate with regard to discrepancies, errors, or customer concerns
- Must be organized and be able to learn and use various software programs
- Must be able to type a minimum of 40WPM.
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Interpersonal skills (i.e. active listening)
- Ability to multi task
- Time management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
GEM Mobile Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.